Sunday, August 21, 2011

You're in business now!

Hi welcome to the BUSINESS OF ME. I’m not here to talk about myself, and I’m not doing this to talk about the “me” generation. This is not about me getting a job or some journey that I want to document in a journal publicly. I’m not a journal type of guy, so there would be huge gaps.

This IS about you. This IS about the fact that each person looking for a job/career IS in business for themselves, and for each of you, that IS THE BUSINESS OF ME. See many of us put the customer and the business first. Well, that’s what you need to demand of you.

The first step is to understand that you are in business now. You need to tape a note on the mirror and look at it each morning that says “I’m in the business of me.”  OK, you can substitute your name for “me.”

So what does every business have? It has a boss. You ARE that boss. It normally has functional jobs such as marketing, where they figure out where the customers are, and how to get them to recognize their brand, it has a sales job that follows up the marketing group and directly talks to the customer, there is administrative and HR folks that make sure that everything is tracked and documented, and there is the product.

  •           You are the President
  •      You are the Director of Marketing
  •      You are the Sales Force
  •      You are the Admin
  •      You are the HR department and ultimately
  •      YOU ARE THE PRODUCT


So each morning when you look in the mirror, you need to know that you are in business. It is THE BUSINESS OF ME.

This blog will discuss topics related to marketing functions, selling skills, motivating the sales force, packaging the product and protecting the business. I really appreciate comments, because that’s how I learn. If you think you have an idea for a post, let me know. Better yet if you want to post, contact me and let’s get you credited.

Getting people in the right seat on the right bus is good for us all. When you are in the right seat on the right bus, you are happier, more productive and resources (you) are being used efficiently. I’m convinced this is the way things such as the economy, government, businesses and our lives will improve. It’s all up to the Business of Me, starting with the face that looks back at you in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment